Do you feel like you are ageing faster than your friends? Do fine lines seem to appear overnight? Ageing is inevitable for all of us, however there are some things we may be doing that are speeding up the process.
We don’t simply need to accept an ageing appearance. When we understand what causes skin to age faster we can address these factors. We give you our advice for the leading facial rejuvenation treatments that can slow down and in some cases, reverse the signs of ageing.
Causes of Premature Ageing
Not wearing sunscreen
This is often sited at the number 1 cause for early onset of ageing. The sun is powerful and can even cause our skin damage on cloudy days and through glass when we are indoors. In the harsh Australian sun, it’s essential to wear a good quality sunscreen every day. This leads us to the next point;
Don’t forget your hands and neck
The majority of people will just apply sunscreen and moisturiser to their faces. But our necks and hands are exposed to the elements just as much and as such, suffer the signs of ageing in the same ways. Our hands and neck can show signs of ageing with sun spots, dryness and loss of elasticity and firmness. Applying sunscreen and a good moisturiser to our face, neck and hands daily will assist in slowing down the ageing process.
Next to sun exposure, certain lifestyle choices can also be negatively affecting our skin. Smoking is a key contributor to premature ageing as well as drinking alcohol, a poor diet and stress. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, balanced diet and exercising regularly will assist in keeping your youthful glow for longer.
Failing to remove makeup before bed
It can be easy to forget or fall asleep before you get the chance, but removing your makeup before bed is essential for maintaining youthful and healthy skin. Leaving makeup on clogs up our pores and can lead to breakouts, complexion issues and dryness. A good cleanser to remove all the dirt and makeup will minimise these issues.
Leading Facial Rejuvenation Treatments
There are many treatments for treating the signs of ageing, depending on your concerns, goals, budget and individual issues and needs, several options may be available for you.
- Dermal Peels remove the superficial layer of the skin to increase collagen production, reduce pigmentation and sun damage, revealing youthful and refreshed skin below.
- LED Light Therapy can be used for a range of skin issues including; stimulating collagen and elastin production, rosacea, psoriasis, acne, inflammations and redness.
- Laser Treatment can be used to treat a range of skin concerns. At Appearance Clinic Australia, we have invested in multiple state-of-the-art lasers, which allows us to customise laser facial rejuvenation treatments according to your skin concerns and skin type. The following conditions can be treated with our lasers.
– Pigmentation: age spots, sun spots, freckles, benign lesions, melasma
– Skin Rejuvenation: wrinkles, skin tightening
– Vascular lesions: face and leg veins
– Scars, acne scars and stretch marks
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections minimise the appearance of lines on the face, giving you a youthful look. Anti-wrinkle injections can also be used in a precautionary way, by way of reducing risks of fine lines and wrinkles before they are visible.
- Dermal Fillers can be used to fill out fine lines and wrinkles, hallows in the eyes and cheeks and add volume for younger looking skin.
- Facials are tailored specifically to your skin requirements and are not only a great stress-reliever, they can leave you looking refreshed and glowing, are inexpensive and there are many options available.
- Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive treatment that gives a brighter, clearer, smoother and hydrated appearance by using diamond head technology to exfoliate and refresh the skin.
- Micro Needling activates the healing process, boosting collagen and promoting healthy skin.
To help you choose the right anti-ageing options for you, speak to a qualified and experienced skin therapist who can analyse your skin and recommend treatment options that will work for you and your personal concerns and goals.
At Appearance Clinic Australia, we offer a complimentary skin analysis with our skin specialist. You can discuss your treatment goals and options, and we can recommend a personalised treatment plan to address your anti-ageing needs.
Simply click on the button below to book your complimentary consultation online now. Alternatively, you can call our friendly and experienced team on (03) 9331 2566.