Acne is one of the most challenging skin issues to deal with for many reasons; it’s hard to know what’s causing the breakouts, treatments can be a process of trial and error, and the way the appearance of your skin makes you feel can be really confronting.
The principal goals for successful acne treatment are to reduce and balance sebum production, decongest and clear clogged pores as well as cleanse and nourish the skin. To help you narrow down your search for a cure for clear skin, we have pulled together a list of the top 6 approaches that we recommend.
Acne Treatment Top 6 Tactics
Each contributing factor needs to be specifically addressed when treating acne. Symptoms may include enlarged pores, severely congested pores, bacteria, excessive oil production in the skin and overall poor skin health. Treatments must be bespoke, to reflect each influencing factor and can be any combination of the treatments listed below.
- Genesis is used for reducing pore size. Minimising pore size helps to reduce congestion that leads to bacteria and hence breakouts.
- AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) Peels cleanse away dead and damaged skin and stimulate new cell regeneration and together with its antibacterial effect are a great treatment option.
- Retinoids help to reduce sebum production and therefore unclog pores. Sebum is the oil that your skin secretes to protect itself. It also helps to keep moisture in. However, too much sebum leads to clogged pores that can result in acne.
- Recommendations for diet and lifestyle changes to improve internal and gut health can be used to treat breakouts caused by intestinal flora imbalances.
- Topical skin care that is tailored to your particular skin needs can be very effective on their own for mild acne and can be used in conjunction with other treatments for more moderate to severe acne. Products include AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) and BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) creams, Vitamin B serum and retinol palmitate.
- A customised approach using a combination of the above treatments offers the best strategy for dealing with acne. Only a skin specialist can effectively analyse your skin and tailor a treatment plan to address each factor contributing to your breakouts.
At Appearance Clinic, we offer customised treatment programs and prices are based on a free individual consultation and assessment. Our skin experts will analyse your skin and discuss treatment options with you.
For your personalised acne treatment plan, we offer a complimentary consultation. We will analyse your skin, discuss your concerns, answer any questions that you have and recommend a personalised treatment strategy with accompanying quote.
To book your complimentary consultation online now, simply click on the button below. Alternatively, you can call our friendly and experienced team on (03) 9331 2566.